The terms set out below govern your use of this website, and any other website(s) belonging to Terra Vitae Limited. By accessing this or any other Terra Vitae Limited related website(s) you agree to be bound by them. If you do not accept these terms, please do not use the website.
We may change these terms at any time without notice by updating the terms shown on this website. Please ensure you regularly read any updated terms on this website as your use of this website after a change has been made signifies your acceptance of the revised terms.
These terms and conditions only apply to Terra Vitae Limited (and related company) websites. For full trading terms and conditions please contact Terra Vitae Limited for more information:
Terra Vitae Limited Head Office, 197 Union Street, Torquay, TQ1 4BY
Terra Vitae Limited websites
We endeavour to keep our website(s) secure. However, when providing your information to us through either our website(s), or when you send us or ask us to send you any of your confidential information by e-mail, you recognise that the Internet and e-mail communications over the Internet may not be secure. Terra Vitae Limited cannot be responsible for any loss or unauthorised use of information transmitted via the internet, which is beyond our reasonable control.
When you visit our website(s), our hosted web server automatically records your IP address, the web site from which you visit us, the web pages you visit together with the date and duration of your visit. Personal data is only stored if volunteered by you, for example in the context of an enquiry, an application, entering a promotional contest etc.
Information we may collect
- Name (including any title)
- Phone number
- Email address
- Details of any memberships you may have
- Details of any subscriptions you may have
- Details of any purchases you may have made (but no financial information relating to those purchases)
- The date and time you used our website(s)
- The page(s) you visited on our website and duration of your visit
- Your IP address
- Your GPS location (where you have permitted access to this)
- The internet browser and devices you are using
Uses made of the Information
We use information held about you as follows:
- To ensure information on our site is presented in the most effective and comprehensive manner for you and your computer
- To provide you with information such as membership options, subscriptions, services or events that you request from us, or which we consider could be of interest to you and where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- To carry out our contractual obligations arising from any studio based training/education courses, services or events entered into between you and us
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, where you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our studio-based training/education courses, services or events
We may use your data (or permit selected third parties to use your data), to provide you with information about our studio-based training/education courses, services or events which may be of interest to you and we, or they may contact you about these using either email, social media, telephone and/or address.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
Our website(s) may from time to time, contain links to and from advertisers and affiliated organisations. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please be aware that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. You should always check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Cookies are small files stored on a user’s computer that are designed to hold data specific to a particular client and website, and can be accessed either by the web server or the client computer so the website can remember who you are. A cookie usually contains the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the ‘lifetime’ of the cookie, and a randomly generated unique number/value. When you visit Terra Vitae Limited Internet site(s), we may send you a cookie and use these cookies in the following ways:
- To help us identify you as a unique visitor for when you return to our website, This will then allow us to tailor content of our website(s) to match your interest preferences;
- To including any favourite studio-based education/training courses, services, events or comparisons of these, you may save.
- To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that we use to fully understand how users use our website(s) and allow us to improve the structure of our website(s).
The Terra Vitae Limited Internet sites use two types of cookies:
- session cookies – these are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site
- persistent cookies – these remain in the cookie file of your browser for longer, although how long will depend on the lifetime/duration of the specific cookie.
We will collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type for our system administration and improvements to our website(s) and or any advertisers we work with. This is only statistics data about our users’ browsing patterns and actions and does not identify you as an individual
Online Marketing & Advertising we use
Email enquiries and follow up period
We collect personal information through enquiry forms across all Terra Vitae Limited websites and centres. Whilst all personal information captured is deleted after a period of five years, we may continue to contact you for the duration of this five-year period unless we have been instructed to cease doing so by you (and/or your agent/representative).
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling;
- With agents (including credit reference agencies, credit card clearing agencies, fraud prevention and detection agencies that we use to process the payment you place with us or who help us in the service we provide to you.
In using your personal data, we endeavour to enforce the following principles:
- Personal data will be processed fairly and lawfully. Personal data shall be obtained for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
- Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Data Protection Act 1998 and 2018 General Data Protection Regulations.
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised and unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
- Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
Subject Access Request
As we take the issue of protecting your personal data seriously, we follow strict storage and disclosure procedures, which means we may require proof of identity from you prior to disclosing such information. So that we comply with our obligations under UK Data Protection legislation, please let us know if any personal information, which you have provided to us, becomes inaccurate or out of date.
You can exercise the above rights and/or manage your information by contacting us using the details below:
By post: Terra Vitae Limited, 197 Union Street, Torquay, TQ1 4BY
If you have any specific data protection concerns or a complaint, you can address it to our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are unhappy with any use of your personal data, you and make a formal complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office, the data protection regulator in the UK, are below:
By post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
By telephone: 0303 123 1113